SITE INVESTIGATION/IN SITU TESTING
Alston was one of the first in North America to acquire a mini crawler-mounted multipurpose drilling rig. The “Terrier” rig is capable of conducting a wide range of percussion & rotary drilling in areas normally inaccessible by larger conventional drilling rigs.
Alston also has our own Marchetti Flat Plate Dilatometers which are sophisticated in-situ testing devices that incorporate a pressure cell to record direct measurements. This data is used to accurately derive the geotechnical parameters and engineering behaviour of the soils, which in turn enables reliable design innovation.
- Confined Access Drilling (Terrier)
- Conventional Auger Drilling
- Rock Core Drilling
- Test Pitting
- Slope Stability Evaluations
IN SITU TESTING
- Standard Penetration Testing (SPT)
- Dynamic Cone Penetration Testing (DCPT)
- Flat Plate Dilatometer (DMT) Soundings
- Undrained Shear Strength Determinations
- Packer Infiltration Testing